Hello Panther Families,
When violence occurs in our communities, we know it deeply effects our students, their families and our own school staff. And when the victims are young people, the impact is often more pronounced. That is where we are right now. It’s important that the adults in our children’s lives are listening a little more intently right now.
We have several resources to help families help children after tragic events:
- Suggestions on how to answer questions brought on by grief and a list of community resources
- By age group, how to talk to children about shootings
- How to help children cope with a gun violence tragedy
- Additional tips and activities to help children feel supported every day.
Our Stewart counselors are also available to talk to your child. Please know our team at Stewart is here to support all our kids - please reach out. We want to hear from you.
Here is what is big for the next month
- Jan 24, Vaccine Clinic at Stewart on Tuesday, 3-6PM. Vaccine voicemail to follow.
- Feb 3, There’s no school for students in grades 6-12 on Friday, due to semester break.
- Feb 16, is now scheduled as a regular school day due to the snow day in Dec. that unexpectedly closed schools.
- Feb 17 or 20 No school for students.
For your information
Chaperons Needed Feb 13 and (or) 14. Our 8th grade will attend a field trip to Finance Park. Please let us know if you might be able to attend this great chance for outside learning. Stewart Height’s parents are the reason this is such a successful school. Thank you for your support.
Stewart’s Club Beyond. Our after-school program registration for opens Jan. 23. If you’d like to preview the classes being offered in the next session, log into the Compass/Family App. To see which programs are available to your student and register, visit the TPS Family App: https://family.tpsapps.org/. You can also find programs on our school website under the “programs and activities” tab. Registration closes Feb. 10, and some classes do fill up.
Replacement Chargers. Stewart offers replacement for lost chargers. Please ask your student to see Ms. Renee for a new charger. There is a $15 replacement fee.
Student Pick-Up. When picking up students for early dismissal, please be prepared to show your Identification. Also, please understand that lunch (11-1PM) is a very challenging time to find your student. Please coordinate appointments so that pick-up can be outside this time frame.
Please feel free to contact us at (253) 571-2200. Go Panthers!
Your Stewart Admin Team,
Dr. Crider firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Whitley email@example.com
Ms. Hathaway firstname.lastname@example.org